Saturday, September 8, 2012

SEPTEMBER IS HERE!

             I hope everyone had a great Labor Day. The last big H U R A A H ---ending

             most vacations, getting kids in school and college student back to classes too.

             I had a good day, the day before labor day even though it rained most of the day.

             Now it is time for me to get back to my blog.!

              The first recipe I have for you is a one dish skillet meal that I am sure you are going

              like. It is quick and easy to make. Ingredients that are inexpensive to get, or might

              even have on hand.


                                                        BEEF TACO SKILLET

                       1 lb.ground beef [ or ground turkey ]
              
                       1 can tomato soup

                       1 cup Chunky Salsa or Picante Sauce

                       1/2 cup water

                       8 flour or corn tortillas--broken into 1" pieces

                       1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese

                   Cook beef in skillet. Pour of fat,

                   Add soup, water tortillas and half of the cheese. Heat to boil.

                   Cover and cook on low heat 5 minutes, or until hot .

                   Top each serving with some of the remaining cheese.

         That's it! Kids like this, hope you will try it.

1 comment:

  1. I've made something similar to this...yummy! But then I'm partial to Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete